Saturday, November 8, 2014

Baby Amira Box Card

One of our best friends are having a baby anytime soon, So I designed their baby Amira this box card using Scrappy Dew's Baby Carriage - 2014 pattern and the Stork Carrying Babies pattern.
I used a lot of different techniques so this is going to be a long post. All the supplies are listed at the bottom of the post, right after the download link, support free stuff and order from here I you feel you need them.

The lashes, the nose and the mouth of the baby,  as well as the eyes and lashes of the bear were drawn on the explore using an American Crafts  0.1 point black pen that fits perfectly on the pen adapter of the Explore. The Scrappy Dew file comes with the lashes and the Explore had no trouble drawing them.

I also used A Pilot Choose White Gel Pen to draw the sentiment, the name Amira, the lines on the rattle and the faux stitching on the baby's clothes. This pen does not fit perfectly on the Explore, but here is a workaround. After everything was cut, I added some highlights by hand with the same pen,

The shiny accents on the rattle were hand made with a Glitter Gel Pen sold here in Chile.

I lightly inked the edges of  the base box with Spun Sugar Distress Ink on a Dauber. And the violet panels using Dusty Concord Distress Ink, also on a dauber.

For the Baby and the bear, I used Tea Dye Distress Ink on a dauber for the edges. The face shadows were done using a Ranger Waterbrush with the same ink and Worn Lipstick for the bows and rosie cheeks.

I rarely use pattern paper, first of all it is hard to getfind here in Chile and second, I wouldn't know what to use, so I stamped the colored cardstock using Inkadinkado Mod Flower Flourish stamp set. The set comes with four  stamps than can be placed randomly to give a different look every time and you can choose what will show once everything is cut. Make sure you have a big acrylic block for these, because they are larger than most stamps.

Modern Flourish Stamp

For the light blue cardstock, I used Versamark Ink for a watermark effect.

And for the red cardstock I used Versamagic White Cloud Ink. This ink delivers great coverage and I like that chalk finish.

I also stamped the back panel of the card using Tsukineko Crimson Copper Brilliance Ink.

 The card was glued together using Aleene's Tacky glue pen for all the medium and small parts, and Scotch Adhesive Dot Roller for all the red and violet panels. I've realised Aleene's tacky glue besides holding all the parts together very good, it reinforces the card making it sturdier. I used 3M Mounting tape to give it a bit of dimension.

Finally, I added some bling with Rhinestones and adhesive pearls.

  1. Import in DS
  2. Resize to 14.65 inches wide (don't worry, your 12x12 mat will be fine once you ungroup the pattern)
  3. Ungroup
  4. Change function for faux stitches layer of the pink bib and the bear's eyes to write, 
  5. Attach faux stitches to bib, and bear's eyes to bear head.
  6. Cut
  7. Enjoy!
If you like Scrappy Dew files,  stay tuned, follow my blog on Bloglovin, or Blogger, like the Awesome SVGs facebook page and upload  your photos of the crafts you made with SVGs from my blog, cause there's a giveaway coming.

Supplies List


If links don´t seem to open, please right click and select "open link in a new tab", it should take you to a save file dialog. Let me know in the comments if links don´t work, thanks.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.