For this card I used a 4.25" x 3.67" notecard (a third of a 8.5" x 11" cardstock sheet)
Neenah Papers are great for this, they have bold intense colors that look Awesome!
I used the downloadable file that OAK Tree Stamps has for free to use with the Chibi Boy Expressions Stamp Set and cut it on my Explore along with the front panel with a whole lot of faux stitching, the acetate speech bubble and the sentiment for later coloring and foiling.
For the Sentiment speech bubble I tried a technique that really works and looks great!. First I Printed then Cut the sentiments speech bubbles. I use a Brother Monochrome Printer and the toner works wonderful with the Deco Foil. Then Inked them with Distress Inks (colors used are in the supplies list below) and dried them using a heating tool. Finally I foiled them up with some SilverTherm O Web Deco Foil and a very cheap Sovereign laminator.
Here's how you assemble the card:
1. Glue the acetate speech balloon to the back of the front panel.
2. Put mounting tape around the speech bubble and around the front panel..
3. place sequins inside of what will become the shaker container
4. Remove the mount tape backing and place the colored and foiled sentiment speech bubble on top. Some tape should stick outside the sentiment to allow for fixing it to the base note card.
Finally, remove the rest of the mounting tape backing and place the front panel on the base card and press firmly to adhere. Add some mounting tape to the face and attach to the card. A card for every occasion with this awesome stamp set.
With this download you get two files:: the card itself with all the faux stitching and a PNG File with all 4 sentiment speech bubbles.
- Import in DS
- Resize Card to 8.1 inches wide and Sentiment Speech Bubble PNG image to 4.51"
Click on the cloud to download!