I wanted to test my felt tip and ball point pens so, here it is.
I put to the test the following pens
- Cricut Midnight Black felt tip pen
- American Crafts Slick Writer felt tip pen
- American Crafts Precision 0.1 felt tip pen
- Pilot G-1 ball point pen
- Pilot Super Gel 07 ball tip pen (this is not available on amazon)
- Pilot V5 Hi-Tecpoint ball tip pen
- Uniball Eye Micro ball tip pen
I used a linen textured cardstock like the one I use on my paper piecing.
Here are the results:
As far as writing on textured cardstock, all the pens did a good job. You might want to use a ballpoint pen for thinner lines and clearly the Slick Writer pen is the thickest one. The Uniball Eye, although it gives a darker and fine line, tends to bleed a little on the paper .
To me, the Pilot G-1 and the Pilot V5 deliver the best result, very sharp lines and no bleed whatsoever. The super gel did a great job also, but sometimes ink does not flow properly.
Please notice these lines are very small
I leave it up to you.
You can get the Chomas Adapter here: http://www.amychomas.com/